Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.


  1. 1. Step One
  2. 2. Application for License and Certificate of Marriage
  3. 3. Application
  • Step One

    1. Application for License and Certificate of Marriage Page 1
      • After filling any form you must personally appear, with valid ID, within 10 working days, at the Clerk-Recorders Office, located in the Hall of Records, 155 Nelson Avenue, Oroville.
      • These documents will not be sent to you; you must come to our office to pick them up. All fees will be calculated and must be paid at that time.
      • Licenses are issued between the hours of 9 am and 4:30 pm. Monday through Friday.
      • Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
      • Both applicants must be present.
      • Valid photo identification (i.e., driver's license, passport, military identification, etc.) must be presented to verify age and identity.
      • Both applicants will need to know their parent's full names, including the birth name of their mother.
      • Applicants will need the state or country where their parents were born.
      • If either applicant has been previously married, they will need the date the marriage ended.
      • No blood tests are required.
      • No waiting period; the license may be used upon issuance.
      • When you sign the marriage application form, you are stating under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is true and correct, that you are currently an unmarried couple, and that there is no legal objection to the marriage.
      • The marriage license must be used within the State of California. Requirements for witnesses and solemnization of marriage are stated on the back of the license.
      • Marriage licenses are valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. You must be married on or after the issuance date, and on or before the expiration date of the license. Licenses not used within this timeframe are void.
      • The fee of $94 for a regular license and $105 for a confidential license may be paid by cash, debit card, money order, or check, payable to the Butte County Clerk-Recorder.
      • No refunds are given for marriage licenses purchased in error.