The Butte County Elections Division is an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility, we will:
- Submit completed applications to the United States Passport Agency.
- Review the application to verify that all required information has been provided.
- Screen evidence of United States citizenship.
- Verify and record the identification that applicant presents.
- Verify that the photographs are the true likeness of the applicant.
- Witness that the applicant takes the oath and signs the application.
Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment, call 530-552-3400, Option 1.
U.S. Department of State Contact Information
For more information 24/7 contact the National Passport Information Center:
- From U.S. and Canada 877-487-2778
- From U.S. and Canada 888-874-7793 (TTY/TTD)
- U.S. Department of State Website
- $130 - Adult Application; check or money order payable to "U.S. Dept of State".
- $100 - Minor Application-under age 16; check or money order payable to "U.S. Dept of State".
- $35 - Processing Fee; cash, check, or money order payable to "Butte County Elections".
- Optional: $12 Passport photograph at our office; cash, check, or money order payable to "Butte County Elections".